Re: End of Year Top 20 Prospect List
Mine are fairly close:
1. Bruce-- Larry Walker or Billy Ashley? In 2007, he's been nigh unstoppable.
2. Bailey-- Ceiling is ridiculous, but he definately took a major step back this season.
3. Cueto-- Great stuff. Could challenge Bailey as top ROY candidate next season?
4. Votto-- Last of four legitimate ROY candidates in Cincinnati. Is his bat good enough for 1B?
5. Maloney-- Southpaws earn extra credit. So do K machines, despite lack of stuff.
6. Dorn-- Resume earns nod over better defender, Stubbs. Great power year.
7. Stubbs-- Speaking of power, can we just stick him lower in the order for good now?
8. Wood-- Biggest drop in Top Ten. But he's lefty, young, and projectable. Nice to have as the 8th best prospect in your pipeline, IMO.
9. Frazier-- Blasted Rookie level pitchers. If he stays at SS, he's Ripken-esque. If not, ehhh.
10. Valaika-- Don't lose too much hope. The FSL is notorious for sapping offensive numbers.
11. Waring-- Expect 40+ homers next year. And 200+ K's. Still, the eye works for him.
12. Francisco-- A year younger and a level higher than Waring. Lots of pop, lots of whiff.
13. Rosales-- When healthy, he's hit like mad. If he can play SS, he's special. If not, he's serviceable. Perhaps more.
14. Lotzcar-- K machine and supremely young. No truth to the rumor he hasn't yet hit puberty.
15. Watson-- Mid-season, he was pushing the top five. Long season hurt him. Moving him back to closer would send former UT player shooting up the list.
16. Roenicke-- Speaking of shooting up the list, wow, did he come from nowhere. Most likely to be on the Louisville/ Cincinnati shuttle next season.
17. Fisher-- Great first half, lousy second half. Let's hope his first half is indicative of future results.
18. Thompson-- The never-forgotten portion of Bowden's Blunder may perhaps prove promise to poisonous pens poised to pick apart his penchant for plebian seasons.
19. Tatum/ Perez-- Cincinnati needs a catcher desperately and both could be answers. Both hit this season and are old for their levels. At this point, it's a wing and a prayer anyway.
20. Herr-- A free agent at season's end, he's had a very good season and has played the hot corner and 2B in AAA. Would be a nice addition as a 25th player, but Krivsky collects extra infielders like bottle caps. Still, a shout out to a career minor leaguer. Nice job, yo.
Others worth mentioning: