Originally posted by EmtyRedsFan
1. Why is Cruz Jr on your bench? He is your best hitter right now
2. Cabrera is putting up good numbers .303 6 HR 27 RBI's and he will get you about 20 steals, you let him go and there is a very good chance he isnt going to come back. I would try to deal him to a team with a bad SS if you really are talking about getting rid of him... right now he is the 5th best SS in the league.
3. Deal Cruz for a 2B someone like Jeff Kent who is ranked 100+
4. here are a couple more cheaper trade choices that will do the job you want. Castillo, Spivey, Young, Walker, Vidro, M.Anderson.
5. I would try to find a new 3B Alfonzo isnt doing good at all. He is another big problem your AVG is bad.
And a little comparison
Hunter .217 6 HR 28 RBI's 20 R 36 Hits
Cabrera .303 6 HR 27 RBI's 28 R 50 Hits
I wouldnt pick up Hunter right now.... why destroy your AVG even more?
To answer some of your questions:
1) I had Cruz on the bench because he is currently in a 5-37 slump and he is off tomorrow (no game) and is going to be rested by Felipe Alou on Friday. I plan on putting him back in the starting lineup on Saturday. When the Pads starting lineup came out for their 1:05pm game and Klesko was not in the starting lineup, I moved Klesko to the bench and put Cruz back in the starting lineup (even though he is hitting like .187 against the D-backs Miguel Batista, who he faces tonight)
2) I agree on Cabrera. That's why I asked the question about what I should do. Still pretty undecided as to whether I should pick up Hunter or keep Cabrera, although I am leaning more toward keeping Cabrera than I was before.
5) After struggling in the beginning of the season, Alfonzo has hit .309 with 3 HR and 13 RBI in May with a 7/2 BB/K rate and a SB. I like him and he's going to be my starting third baseman for the rest of the season, unless someone offers me a really good deal for another third baseman.