Re: Rick Sweet on Jay Bruce
I caught a portion of Sweet being interviewed on the radio and he discussed other players as well (yes I switched to the evil WLW on the drive home last night while the baseball channel on XM was droning on about Barry Bonds). If I heard correctly, he basically said (these are his points not quotes):
1. Votto is ready now and transformed himself from below average defender to a good one at 1B with hard work.
2. Bruce needs more time in AAA. He needs to learn to run the bases better, throw to the right base and cut his Ks.
3. Bailey is ready for a major league rotation spot and most of his troubles when the Reds called him up and after going back down were his groin problem.
4. Cueto needs another half season in AAA to learn to harness his emotions on the mound.
5. Keppinger and Hopper can sustain high averages in the majors with regular at bats.
Correct me or discuss at will.
"All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH
Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS