Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
Not just for the Reds but all of MLB. These are my guesses what are yours?
Reds Deal: Carlos Guevara & Scott Hatteberg
Rangers Deal: Taylor Teagarden
Reds Deal: Ryan Freel
Braves Deal: JoJo Reyes
Rays Deal: Rocco Baldelli
Twins Deal: Scott Baker + a mid level pitching prospect
Marlins Deal: Miguel Cabrera (sign to a 4 yr deal)
LA Angels Deal: Nick Adenhart, Brandon Wood, Macier Itzuris, Jose Arredondo
Dodgers Sign Alex Rodriguez to an 8 yr 250 Million dollar deal
Mets Sign Carlos Silva to a 4 yr 45 million dollar deal
Houston Astros Sign Francisco Cordero to a 4 yr 50 million dollar deal
Rockies sign Corey Patterson to a 3 yr deal
SD Padres sign Andruw Jones to a ??? deal
White Sox sign Torii Hunter to a 5 yr 80 million dollar deal
Rangers Sign Aaron Rowand to a 5 yr 75 million dollar deal
Most are reasonable. A couple quibbles.
1. I don't think the Pads sign Andruw. I think they'll resign Cameron at a discount due to his suspension. I'm guessing Jimbo signs Andruw in Washington.
2. Your Rangers deal could happen I guess, but Guevara might be lost in Rule 5 unless a deal happens soon or the Reds add him to the 40 man. I like Teagarden. They may want to move Laird instead before Arb kicks in. If the Reds could get the Rangers to take Hatte, I'd be interested in Frank Francisco for the pen.
3. I've been thinking about a Freel to the Braves deal myself. The Braves aren't in the market for more than a stopgap in CF. With Brandon Jones in AAA, Jordan Schafer in AA and Gorkys Hernandez in A+ in 2008, Freel to Atlanta to fill in makes a lot of sense. I don't think he'd net a Reyes though it would be a good deal for the Reds. I've been thinking along similar lines but figured that no one would part with a potential starter for him. I'd be happy with a cheap and useful pen arm like Joey Devine, Oscar Villareal or Macay McBride.
4. I don't see the Twins dealing away their starting pitching depth for such a question mark like Baldelli. I'd guess that they would be willing to pay more (maybe add Swarzak or Perkins or upgrade to Slowey) for something better.
5. Why do the Rockies want Patterson when they have Tavaras?