Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25
I just got off the phone with my old boss (the one who gave me an offer last week) and after talking it over with my Dad, and sleeping on it for a few nights, I took it. I am going to stick it out with my Dad for three more months while he tries to sell this thing, if it sells sooner then great.
That sounds like a very fair solution. This puts a timetable on the whole thing and gives your Dad time to "do what he's gotta do." Nice that your employer back home is willing to wait 3 months. This way you're not abandoning your Dad and you have an end-game in sight. Glad to see it worked out, one way or another, in the end.
There's no telling that a better buyer will come along after 3 months. I think 3 mos should be enough time to fish or cut bait with this business