Re: Brandon Jennings to sign in Europe...
I've been waiting for this to happen. I think it is a fabulous idea for a number of reasons.
1. Many guys have no business being in college. Maybe this is the way that the NCAA slowly returns the idea of the student-athlete to college basketball.
2. The one and done thing is a joke and it allows kids to hold schools hostage and hang them out to dry.
3. Players will leave the hype machine of the NCAA and the American media. They will probably get a truer view of their skills in the international game, particularly guards.
4. They will get to learn from other professionals, experience other cultures, and expand their horizons. Does anyone believe that happened to OJ Mayo at USC?
5. They will learn better fundamentals than are being taught at most colleges. What did DerMarr Johnson learn at Cincy or Eric Gordon at Indiana? These one and done guys are told by their "handlers" that they need to get as much as the can in college to help their draft stock.
I see only positives in this. BUT, I'm a serious NBA guy, so anything that helps to improve the NBA product is fine by me.
Variatio delectat - Cicero