# YEAR NAME AGE PA EqA OBP SLG VORP RAR RAP
22. 2008 Khalil Greene 28 423 .214 .260 .339 -8.0 -6.4 -18.2
9. 2007 Khalil Greene 27 659 .263 .291 .468 23.0 23.7 6.6
10. 2006 Khalil Greene 26 460 .000 .320 .427 14.2
7. 2005 Khalil Greene 25 476 .000 .296 .431 15.5
There's four reasons why his numbers could have taken such a tumble. None are particularlly heartwarming.
1) Injury. Then you have to figure out type of injury, can he recover, did the injury result in mechanical changes that will reduce performance down the road, etc.
2) He's starting to lose a step. While still pretty young, is his power tied to his bat speed and that speed is starting to wain?
3) Juice? Ok...probably unfair/unlikely but those numbers sure did take a tumble.
4) Normal random variation. Seems like a heck of a drop to just be random, but who knows.
His on base percentage has never been any good. We don't need another hacker up there in a lineup currently chock full of hackers.
Perhaps his defense outweighs his bat, but if his bat doesn't return that better be a damn good glove.