Re: Wacky Crazy Predictions
I'll try to keep each individual one within the realm of possibilities, but as a collection, probably not:
1. Harang returns to form with a Cy Young season.
2. Volquez and Cueto challenge to be the staff ace.
3. Owings and Arroyo become the best 4 & 5 combination in the league.
4a. EE again causes fans to pull their hair out with his defense at 3B. (Not a stretch, I know)
4b. Thankfully, a trade with Seattle is worked out for Beltre, in June.
5. Votto and Bruce improve upon the 2008 season, both make all-star team.
6. Gonzo provides adequate play at SS, with Janish being his backup.
7. Phillips wins his 2nd of 7 straight GG @ 2nd base.
8. Hanigan proves that he can handle the everyday job.
9. Dickerson proves the 2008 was not a fluke.
10. Bailey finally gets "it", makes it back to ML and posts sub-4.50 ERA.
11. 4b is made reality because the Reds are within 4 games of division lead on June 24.
12. Reds don't get over the hump, but win wildcard spot.
13. Reds lose in NLCS to Mets.
14. #13 is precursor to the new Big Red Machine.