Originally Posted by RedsManRick
- Hernandez is a 33 year old catcher with declining offensive value and a mediocre glove - we darn well better not taking on salary this year or next
- .260./.310/.400 and experienced or .270/.360/.370 without experience. Who do YOU think Dusty will play 80% of the time?
- If all we wanted was an upgrade over Paul Bako, we could have simply played Hanigan every day
- I think Ryan Freel will provide more value above replacement in 2009 than Hernandez will.
- Who plays CF versus lefties? Dickerson or a new acquisition?
- The Reds don't see Jeff Keppinger as a starter -- or see Castillo as a good enough utility guy
- I'm surprised we traded only SS in the system who could both field and hit, if neither superbly. I thought Turner had an outside shot of being the starting SS by the end of the season and could become a Mark DeRosa type utility guy.
- Waring is one of those high risk/ high reward types where we'll either never hear about him again or will be smacking ourselves in the forehead for years to come
- I wonder if we can extrapolate regarding Jocketty's view of big power, big strikeout type bats in general?
Are you just playing devil's advocate or are you serious about all that?