Originally Posted by icehole3
You dont know me. I'll admit when Im wrong. All I said is there's nothing to be wrong about at this point. I said Dunn will get signed for less than 10 million a year and if Im wrong I'll eat BBQed crow if thats what you want... you dont know me guy. I cant believe this place, guys here hated Patterson now they want him instead of Taveras. Give the dude a chance at least before you hate a person.
We don't hate the player, just his game.
Patterson had power potential and plus defense.
Taveras has... speed.
While we are all blowing up over this, lets examine Taveras carefully.
- He's a below average defender based on most modern defensive metrics.
- He's a below average hitter in the power department.
- He's below average at getting on base.
- Except for his career year, he's about a .270 hitter that makes an out 70% of the time.
- he's got a what, 75% career SB%? meh. His SB% did spike upward last year, making it an abnormality.
oh yeah... this is a great signing. I'm just glad there isn't a player option for a third year.