Originally Posted by *BaseClogger*
NJReds, I think you should clarify whether or not you vetoed the trade, and if so, give us your reasoning...
Crap. I just spent 5 minutes writing a reply, lost my Internet connection, and lost my response.
In any event, the abridged version:
- Yes I was one of at least four, including the guy who made the deal, to veto it.
- No, I'm not a selfish owner or a teenager. I joined the league this year and took over the worst roster available. I'm not winning this year or, most likely next.
- I don't think the veto is only for the most extreme cases. In this case, I thought Cueto, Iannetta and Lidge was an extremely light return for Pujols, who is in his prime and will most likely never be dealt to the AL. If it was Pujols for Santana, I wouldn't have thought twice about it.
- I had a deal questioned in a Redszone league. Instead of namecalling and threatening to quit, I explained why I thought it was fair and let the chips fall.
- If the league owners don't want the veto, get rid of it and let the Commish decide on deals. If he's fine with this deal, let him override the veto. We haven't heard from him on this case. I'd be interested to hear his take.