Originally Posted by LoganBuck
BTW after following some of the media reports on the Andre Smith holdout, it is clearly apparent that the Bengals are the ones at fault. What idiots. Sign him now or sign him later, he will get his money, and you will have flushed a season down the toilet.
When you look at the 1st round signings, the deal almost writes itself:
Pk Player Pos. Team Status Contract
1. Matt Stafford QB Detroit Signed 6 years, $72 million ($41.7M guaranteed)
2. Jason Smith OT St. Louis Signed 5 years, $61.775 million ($33M guaranteed)
3. Tyson Jackson DE Kansas City Signed 5 years, $57 million ($31M guaranteed)
4. Aaron Curry LB Seattle Signed 6 years, $60 million ($34M guaranteed)
5. Mark Sanchez QB N.Y. Jets Signed 5 years, $60 million ($28M guaranteed)
6. Andre Smith OT Cincinnati Unsigned
7. D. Heyward-Bey WR Oakland Signed 5 years, $38.25 million ($23.5M guaranteed)
8. Eugene Monroe OT Jacksonville Signed 5 years, $35.4 million ($19.2M guaranteed)
9. B.J. Raji DT Green Bay Signed 5 years, $28.5 million ($18M guaranteed)
10. M. Crabtree WR San Francisco Unsigned
Andre Smith should probably get somewhere around $25m-26m guaranteed on an overall $42m-46m deal.
Slot lines up pretty nicely. If you want to avoid paying slot, set the market by being first.