Re: Testing our rankings
1. Francisco = Sosa at the hot corner
2. Alonso = Pujols Lite
3. Frazier = Jeff Kent
4. Rodriguez = Beltran
5. Soto = Miguel Cabrera
6. Leake = erstwhile #2 starter
Extremely rose-colored glasses in which all things work out as best as possible. Francisco garners edge on Alonso if only because of age.
1. Frazier = Little Mark DeRosa
2. Leake = BOR starter
3. Alonso = Casey after the shoulder woes
4. Francisco = low BA PH with power
5. Soto = Nothing. At all.
6. Rodriguez = See Soto.
Leake's floor is as a year or two stop-gap fifth starter and Frazier beats him on his bat and leather utility. Alonso as post-power Casey is my biggest fear for Cincinnati's minor league system. Francisco is basically what he is now, with both Soto and Yorman minor league washouts.
1. Francsico-- Already played in majors. One Rolen injury from starting.
2. Frazier-- If Francisco can't play at the hot corner, Frazier can. But he's blocked at second, third, and LF.
3. Leake-- Leake pitching better in the AFL than Alonso is hitting it.
4. Alonso-- AA is a long way from the majors, especially with Votto at first.
5. Soto-- Well below others, like those above and Dorn, Heisey.
6. Rodriguez-- So far away, he might as well be in another country. Or Montana.
1. Leake-- Yep. Pitchers worth more than anything else.
2. Yorman-- Five-tool CF? Sign me up please.
3. Frazier-- Only if he can play second.
4. Francisco-- A hot corner guy with power sounds great, yes?
4. Soto-- See Francisco.
6. Alonso-- Meh. Votto's already there.
1. Frazier-- All he's done is hit.
2. Francisco-- His power trumps Alonso's BA, OBP.
3. Alonso-- He's not been bad. But not great, either.
4. Soto-- Had a truly dominant year in 08, then a really bad one in 09.
5. Yorman-- Decent. And 16 (!)
6. Leake-- The AFL and that's it.
Frazier - 10
Francisco - 13
Alonso - 18
Yorman - 23
Leake - 23
Soto - 23
Interesting, but the "test" is weighted in favor of stuff/ scouting.
"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
-- Christy Matthewson
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
-- Leo Durocher