Originally Posted by camisadelgolf
There are probably about 15 players I'd pick before Silva--and I was very impressed with Silva. I just think the Reds' pitching prospects are sorely underrated.
I'm with you on this one. This out of the blue man-love for Silva baffles me. Here's a few that I would easily take over Silva's 31% strikeout average.
1. Rojas- amazing glove, bat coming on
2. Serrano- great college year, very good pro start, big arm
3. Fellhauer- better than Silva's first year and in Dayton.
4. Sappelt- 295 average in Fla league, best centerfielder in system, 42 SBs.
5. Joseph- big arm albeit a relief pitcher
6. Sulburan- big arm, needs consistantly
7. How about Howard Johnson- GREAT first year
8. Henry Rodriguez batted 336!!! in low rookie ball
9. Jordon Smith- known prospect, just injured last year.
10. Del Rosario- tore up all leagues last year.
I also like Tuttle, Lecure, Cline, Ondrusek, and Fairel better than Silva. That's 15 other prospects right there.
In his last 32 ABs, Silva batted 250 and had 11 strikeouts in low rookie, I just don't see it. I must have missed something.