Re: Keys for the 2010 Reds
1. Are the Reds getting an '06/'07 Aaron Harang (fringe Cy Young candidate) or an '08/'09 Aaron Harang (fringe #4 who made you wonder what else he picked up in the Bay Area besides pitching tips).
2. Can Bronson Arroyo pitch well out of the gate, or is he going to wait until the games don't matter before he decides to turn it on?
3. Will Homer Bailey continue to progress as a major league starter, or was his success a product of late-season lineups and a bit of luck?
4. Will Jay Bruce become the player everyone projected him to be as a minor leaguer, or will he continue on the express train to Larsonville with his ~.300 OBP and poor LH/RH splits?
5. Can Drew Stubbs produce enough at the plate to make him a net positive value with his defense in CF?
6. Will the bullpen continue to be effective, specifically Arthur Rhodes (does he have 1 more good year left in him), Nick Masset (was 2009 an illusion, or is he that effective?), and Francisco Cordero?
and, as always:
7. Is the team going to stay healthy?
23 Years and Counting...