Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hamilton, OH
Re: League of Reds Nation -- the ultimate dynasty
Here are the complete rules:
Yahoo 5x5 Roto standard settings
Mixed League (NL & AL players)
Dynasty Keeper league
30 roster slots + 3 disabled list slots
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade End Date: August 29, 2010
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1350
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Monday, Mar 29
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs(R), Home Runs(HR), Runs Batted In(RBI), Stolen Bases(SB), Batting Average(AVG)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins(W), Saves(SV), Strikeouts(K), Earned Run Average(ERA), Walks+Hits/IP(WHIP)
Season 1 Draft rules:
1.You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
3. Yahoo will add players to the database after the draft has begun. Any player that is not available in the list at the time of the first pick of the draft will not be eligible to be drafted for the duration of the draft. Those players will be available on waivers after the draft. This rule is to make sure all team owners have an equal shot at all players. The commissioner will keep a list of all players ineligible to be drafted.
4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
5.If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
7. The draft will be a snake draft. Even-numbered rounds will be the reverse of 1st round. Odd-numbered rounds will be the same order as round 1.
8. If you have two consecutive draft picks you do NOT get two time slots before being skipped. For example, if you have the last pick of round 1 and the first pick of round 2 (picks 1.12 and 2.1) you only have 10 hours total to make both picks. If you have not made your picks within 10 hours of the time pick 1.11 was posted then the owner of pick 2.2 can skip you and post his pick.
9. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
Season 1 Waiver Priority:
The waiver priority for season 1 will be the reverse of the 1st round draft order.
Season 2+ Draft:
The draft will be a snake draft consisting of five rounds. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the droppped player without waiting for him to clear waivers. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis.
Season 2+ Waiver Priority:
Waiver priority will be set as the reverse of the prior year's standings.
Trades can be protested only if cheating or collusion is suspected. Trades may not be protested due to being unbalanced, lopsided or stupid. If a trade is protested both owners may state their reasons for making the trade before a decision is made. If after the explanations anyone in the league suspects cheating or collusion then an annonymous vote will be held and 6 or more votes against the trade will nullify it. Owners involved in the trade do not vote, even if they have changed their mind about the trade.
Procedure to prevent tanking, negligence and abandonment:
In order to keep the league fair, competitive and fun we need to ensure all owners pay attention all season long and try to field the best team they can every day. On occasions where an owner's attention wanes it is the commissioner's duty to urge that owner to do a better job. Of course there are justifiable reasons why an owner may neglect his team for a couple days (vacation, sickness etc) so there will be reminders and warnings before resorting to sanctions. If an owner leaves injured players or minor leaguers in his starting lineup or leaves star players on his bench for more than a few days the following process will be initiated:
1st occurence -- A polite reminder will be sent
2nd occurence -- A polite reminder will be sent
3rd occurence -- A warning will be sent
4th occurence -- Offending owner's waiver priority will be set to 12
5th occurence -- Offending owner will lose his 1st round draft pick the following year
6th occurence -- Offending owner will not be invited back the following year
In the event an owner quits mid-season the commissioner must:
1. Appoint a replacement owner if technically possible, or if not
2. He must replace injured/demoted players in the starting lineup with the highest ranked player available on the team at that position. If no player on the team can fill the position the highest ranked free agent must be added and the worst player dropped. Any disputes must be voted on leaguewide. No trades can be made.