Re: Golfers of RedsZone (aka War Stories from the Rough)
I just taught a class of 22 on how to chip. Here's some tips....
1) Keep it simple by flying the ball a short distance on the green allowing for roll.
2) Set up with your feet very close together
3) Place the ball off your right toes
4) Lean the handle forward
5) Finish low
6) Finish low
7) Finish low
Catching my drift? When you finish you low, you will catch the ball solid. Most amateurs tend to scoop their chips. Allow the club to fall softly down into the fall.
1) Ball in the middle of your stance
2) Hands are in a more neutral position, not so far ahead of the ball
3) Open clubface a little bit (the more open the higher it'll go)
4) Get the clubface up and open going back
5) Finish again with clubface low
6) If done correctly, the end of the grip will point to your belt buckle at your finish
"....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421
- Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.