Re: Can The Reds Win With Bailey and Cueto?
i find it a bit emotionally draining to be a Reds fan. my enthusiasm tank is pretty empty right now. the team keeps making mistake after mistake despite changes in ownership, GMs & managers. then the team keeps running out the same 'potential' guys year after year with the same subpar results. it wouldn't suprise me if someday Homer was a good major league starter but i suspect it will NEVER be for the Reds. as for Johnny i am past ready for his move to the pen. its truly amazing how many chances these guys get.
I would actually be HAPPY if the team:
1. Traded Homer tomorrow for the best deal we could get
2. Called up Maloney to take his place
3. Moved Cueto to the pen when the team feels Chapman is ready
4. trade/release Harang when the team feels Wood is ready
5. trade Brandon 'showboat' Phillips after a hot streak when they can get value
it seems 2010 was simply to put 'lipstick on the pig' of the 2009 team & try to sell it to the fans as a team that could compete. same players as 2009 is gonna get you the same results as 2009.