Re: Reds Top Prospects- August 2010 Edition
My top 5 prospects:
1. Aroldis Chapman, LHP. This one is easy for me. 105 K's in 84.1 innings in Triple-A, including 2 BB/15 K in his last 9.1 innings.
2. Devin Mesoraco, C. 22-year old catcher playing good defense and hitting a combined .316/.387/.603 - .990 OPS between High-A and Double-A. Another no brainer for me.
3. Yorman Rodriguez, CF. 17-year old (soon to be 18) center fielder hitting .340 with an .808 OPS in the Pioneer League. One of the best athletes and most talented prospects in the minor leagues. He needs to improve his plate discipline but there is plenty of time for that. The sky is the ceiling for Yorman.
4. Yonder Alonso, 1B. It appears his wrist is healthy now as he's been on an absolute tear since the first of July. Very high ceiling with the bat. The only question is, where is he going to play? Joey Votto isn't going anywhere.
5. Zack Cozart, SS. I strongly considered Billy Hamilton here but decided to go with Cozart when considering him proximity to the majors. Plus defender at SS, good power, and an excellent base stealer so far this season (24-for-27).
Notable guys who have or will lose their prospect elibility this season: Matt Maloney, Jordan Smith, Chris Heisey, Travis Wood, Logan Ondrusek.
I miss Adam Dunn.