Re: 2011 Top Ten
1. Aroldis Chapman - 100+ mph fastball, filthy slider, two plus pitches + and the potential for another.
2. Devin Mesoraco - 1.007 OPS and 25 HR in 358 atbats between A+, AA, and AAA. Also throwing out over 40% of runners.
3. Yonder Alonso - Got off to a slow start, now OPSing up around 1.000 in his last 200+ atbats.
4. Yorman Rodriguez - Hitting .348 with an .830 OPS in Billings in his age 17 season. Significant upside.
5. Billy Hamilton - Very saw but toolsy SS is hitting .315 with an .816 OPS in Billings. Plus defensive tools at SS. 33 steals in 41 chances.
6. Yasmani Grandal - Solid power, good plate discipline. Polished bat could move quickly.
7. Zack Cozart - Good defensive shortstop with solid power and the ability to steal bases. (16 HR/29 SB this season).
8. Donnie Joseph - Lefty reliver has a ridiculous 1.62 ERA and 23 BB/101 K in 61 innings this season between A, A+, and AA. Could be in the Reds bullpen at some point during the 2011 season.
9. Juan Francisco - Has some of the best raw power in the minor leagues. If he ever improves his plate discipline he'll be a great major league hitter.
10. Ismael Guillon - 18-year-old lefty from Venezuela has a 73 strikeouts in 57 innings with the AZL Reds. Good velocity and a quality changeup.
Junior Arias narrowly missed my top 10.
I miss Adam Dunn.