Re: Your pick for 2012 breakout player of the year
This is hard because break-out can mean a lot of different things. So here are some picks.
1. Guy not on the 40 man roster to most likely make an impact in the majors in 2011 - David Sappelt or Devin Mesoraco.
2. Guy most likely to rise a few levels and be considered for the majors at some point in 2011 - Donnie Joseph.
3. Guy most likely to rise from the pack into top 10 status - Juan Duran
4. Guy most likely to move from non-prospect to interesting - Miguel Rojas (I think the Reds consider him a prospect already).
5. Guy to make the biggest jump on the Redszone prospect rankings - Felix Perez
6. Hyped later round draftee who comes through - Kyle Waldrop
7. Deep Sleeper - Chris Richburg
"All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH
Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS
Last edited by mth123; 01-24-2011 at 07:08 AM.