Re: 2011 Reds Over/Unders
1. Joey Votto - Batting Average - .314 - Over
Votto wins the batting crown...
2. Joey Votto - Home runs - 33.5 - Under
... at the expense of some power.
3. Joey Votto - RBI 107 - Over
However, because of improved hitters in front of him, it's hardly noticeable.
4. Scott Rolen - Home Runs - 17.5 - Under
By the All Star break, Rolen's moved to the second spot in the lineup to take advantage of his obp.
5. Jay Bruce - Home Runs - 29 - Over
Who moves into the cleanup spot? Baker picks Bruce, who turns into an MVP candidate.
6. Johnny Gomes - RBI - 67.5 - Under
Many thought Baker wouldn't sit him, but, by the end of the season, he's relegated to a strict platoon.
7. Edinson Volquez - Wins - 14 - Over
Volquez doesn't have to be good; he only has to be decent and pitch a lot of innings/ starts. He'll find control pretty quickly. I hope.
8. Johnny Cueto - Wins -13 - Over
I keep waiting for the true breakout. I'll settle for gradual increase to true #2 starter.
9. Bronson Arroyo - Wins - 15 - Even
Two years from now-- and 30 wins later-- Redszone will still debate his worth.
10. Francisco Cordero - Saves - 36 - Over
If the Reds are good at all, he'll get all the saves. That'll be more than 36.
"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
-- Christy Matthewson
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
-- Leo Durocher