04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
'19 '40 '75 '76 '90
Join Date: May 2010
Location: North Carolina
4/19 Dbacks v Reds
Tuesday 4/19, 7:10 PM ET at Great American Ball Park
Lecure RHP (0-0 , 2.25)
Galarraga RHP (2-0 , 6.75)
- Entering play this evening the Reds hold a slim one game lead over 4 NL central opponents.
- Phillips returns to the Redlegs lineup after missing 4 games, Brandon is batting .354 with a .407 on-base percentage in his first 12 games.
- Galarraga (yes, the old tiger) has a 6.75 ERA this season.
- In 25 career games against the Cincinnati Reds, Stephen Drew is 22-for-95 (.232). He has been even worse at Great American Ballpark, hitting just .188 in 48 career at-bats.
- Cincinnati sports a 6-3 record for night games, while going just 3-4 during the afternoon.
- Lecure has a 2.45 ERA in two starts, and yielded one run and one hit over six innings last Tuesday, retiring the final 12 batters he faced.
- At GABP you would expect a high scoring series, perhaps record numbers.. the Reds pitching staff has been shaky, at best, and Arizona - Offense has not been a problem for the Diamondbacks, who are in or near the top five in the majors in batting average (.277) and slugging percentage (.437). The problem has been their NL-worst 5.55 staff ERA. Arizona's starters have the worst ERA in the majors at 6.00.
Last edited by Reds; 04-19-2011 at 07:12 PM.