Originally Posted by Cooper
1. I disagree. There's no telling how much of his issue is due to usage. I'm nervous like others that he really does have a nasty shoulder issue brewing, but I don't think pitching him out of the pen automatically makes that go away. As for it better suiting his intellect, I'm not sure I see that. This last 12months, I think we've seen a much more mature, much more intellectual David Bailey.
2. I haven't been able to see as many games, but I hadn't noticed.
3. I'm not sure what goes into the defensive metrics in WAR, but isn't it more about a percentage of the balls you get "in your zone." I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
4. I think this is one of the reasons he has had trouble getting into the lineup. He really should be a Fred Lewis replacement rather than a Jonny Gomes replacement in the platoon. Dusty's not quite new school enough to actually look at the numbers it seems and have a R/R platoon. Of course this also means Fred Lewis is pretty redundant.
6. Agree with this too, I'm not really sure what he brings to the team. I'd honestly rather see Cairo play SS.
7. Interesting comparison. I'd certainly sign up for an OPS+ of 120 over Drew's career. I forget did Lemon bat leadoff?