Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990
That would be too good to be true. Man this would be perfect.
The wheels could be in motion:
I wouldn't be surprised if the LF void proves costly to see the Reds deal some of their excess for Ethier at some point this summer.
Of course, a few not-too-farfetched things would need to happen between now and then:
1. The Dodgers fall out of contention by July.
2. Alonso either cannot field enough or hit enough in the bigs to be the answer in LF.
3. Sappelt drops off from his ST/2010 line
4. Neither Hermida, Lewis, nor Gomes prove to be an adequate solution.
5. The pitchers regain health and either Bailey or Volquez emerges as a true #1, leaving room to deal someone like Leake for Ethier. The Reds could then be forced to choose between paying Ethier or Phillips $12MM in 2012.
If not Ethier, I wouldn't mind seeing Kemp in LF either. Regardless, the Reds and Dodgers could match up well at some point this summer.
And if not Kemp or Ethier, give me Jose Reyes at some point this summer.