Originally Posted by Redsfan320
1) One of Heisey/Sappelt has the LF and leadoff job locked down by August.
2) Mesoraco starts off big, makes it to MLB, Hernandez is traded/released.
3) Brandon Phillips comes up big in a contract year.
On another note with the catchers, what about, if for the next couple years, we keep Hernandez around in Corky's role and dump Corky. I love the stache, but it seems like Hernandez could fill his role with a good bit more offensive production.
1. Well, Heisey got hurt, and Sappelt has started 14 out of 42 games in LF since August 1. He's led off 6 times. I still think either one could be next year (plus Alonso, Frazier, etc.), but as far as this year... fail here for mere. <STRIKE ONE>
2. No... Mez got no more than a Sep. call-up, and Walt hasn't didn't even listen to offers for Razor. <STRIKE TWO>
3. .296/.348/.450/.798, 168 H, 35 2B, 2 3B, 16 HR, 79 RBI, 10 SB, GG level defense once again, and an AS nod. Not great this year, but I think if you're an all-star that probably counts for "coming up big", so I'll give myself this one.
So... 1/3 on the year. Ick.