Re: Should we trade Mes & keep Grandal?
I agree, if it's about getting a better player in return, why not trade Mesoraco?
- Mez is "ready" now, but there will certainly be a learning curve at the plate and behind the plate and this team is in win now mode next year.
- I honestly don't think Mez is getting more than 80-85 starts anyway. Dusty just won't do it unless he's totally killing it.
- The difference between the two catching prospects is debatable. If the Reds feel they are keeping the better catcher in Grandal, that's even better.
- Resigning Ramon would be hugely unpopular, unless the Mez trade brought back a huge star player. What could be worse than retaining the best catching tandem in the NL?
- In the "You are the GM...Shortstop" thread I posted this trade idea:
Mesoraco + Chapman + Cozart = 28 y/o Hanley Ramirez at 3 years 46.5 million