Re: University of Kentucky Men's Basketball -- 7th Edition
1. While I think UNC could run four bigs as Scrap said, I could see Kentucky countering with a small lineup of Teague, Lamb, MKG, Miller, and Jones. It creates mismatches, but mismatches slice both ways. Cal went small last year during a pivotal point in the game and Henson picked up his fourth foul on a three point play by Darius Miller.
2. I know this won't happen (at least during by Kentucky), but I would like to see a team run a 1-3-1 zone against UNC. The zone negates Kendall Marshall's passing ability and shuts down the post players, forcing Barnes, Bullock, and the like to beat you from three. Unlike UNC teams of the past, I don't see anybody who can consistently shoot. Hairston is the best option and he is out for this game.
3. As much as the home court advantage is mentioned, I think revenge is what will be on the mind of UNC players. It won't erase getting to the Final Four, but I'm sure the UNC players wouldn't mind knocking off UK in Rupp as a consolation prize.
4. I'm going with Dickie V's prediction, 74-71 Cats. If UNC shows they can hit the three, that changes.
5. This will be the final game of the UK-UNC regular season rivalry. The contract is up and UK is looking to balance their schedule with going to Louisville, another Big East school, and playing neutral site games against Maryland and Duke next season. UK is supposedly looking to add either Kansas, Arizona, Texas, or WVU, according to KSR.
Originally Posted by savafan
I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.