Re: What move will it take to win the WS?
Originally Posted by dMaus14
I would say to sign Beltran for multiple reasons:
1. He is an above average LF defensively
2. He is a switch hitting middle of the order bat to split up Votto/Bruce
3. We get our extra LH bat as well as our RH power bat
4. He is a veteran that I think many of us won't complain the Dusty plays over a younger guy
5. The biggest reason ... we can keep him from the Cardinals!
I think he is way
out of the Reds price range, but I agree with everything you just said. The one thing about Beltran I don't love: injuries.
What if this is as good as it gets?