* Good call, ORG, on the clubhouse issue. Now that Cincinnati has taken steps to at least compete, it looks like most of the malcontents (to borrow a member name) have already gone the other places.
* Note to self: never pi$$ off Jim Bowden. Players who happened to say something negative about the Red GM were shipped out to the Pirates and the Tigers. Both were happy when dealt; I wonder if they're as happy now, seeing the steps Bowden and co. have taken to compete?
* You've gotta think the Red clubhouse will be a pretty cool place to hang out now, what with LTC's given to Graves, Casey, Wilson, and others. All of them are reportedly fun to hang around with, work very hard at their craft, and care about the average fan and charity work. Wonder if the image of the Cincinnati player will improve?
* Think Junior is happy now that Cincinnati has antied up a few more bucks? Think that had anything to do with his desire to stay? (Nah. I don't buy that and I typed it.)
* Dunn and Kearns are probably playing Playstation 3 right now in the back of a pick-up truck, with rifles nearby, and fishing gear stowed in the back. 5 will get you ten that at least one of them has a can of Skoal handy.
* Can anyone make that noise when tapping their fingers against the top of a can of dip? In high school, that was the sign of a true ballplayer. (At least it was in my little redneck town.) Wonder how many Reds can do the same?
* Speaking of tobacco, wonder how many Reds smoke? I know Mark Grace does. Anyone know?
* Do all of these LTCs mean Cincinnati will again raise payroll in 2004? It looks likely, as not all of these guys will be able to be dealt.
* The Graves' deal the biggest risk the Reds have made in how long? Five years? Ten? A score?
* Why is a score twenty years and not one, seven, or three? What sport counts by twenties?
* Wouldn't it be nice if someone with enough money decided to buy Redszone lock, stock, and two smoking URLs? To Hell with the Reds, I need Redszone more!
* What, exactly, is enhanced mode on under the vB code, and, if I push it, will I then be truly enhanced? Will this mean that I become funnier and that all my split infinitives disapper? I so hope!
"You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
-- Christy Matthewson
"Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
-- Leo Durocher