Re: Remaining unsigned free agents
- I wouldn't spend a boatload on him, but I've always liked Chad Qualls and wouldn't mind seeing him signed. His career 2.19 GO/AO would play well in the GAB. If the prognosis is good on Aardsma's return from surgery I'd like him as an alternative to another year of Coco.
- I'm really warming to Wei-Yin Chen (lefty who can throw mid-90's, but not sure how warm he would be to the midwest. Again, it would depend on the money.
- Roy Oswalt, Edwin Jackson and Joe Saunders with Birg League deals - Brad Penny - maybe - if Bronson could be move - so probably not. Aaron Cook and Paul Maholm on minor league deals with a contract at the end of ST if they make it. Is there any hope at all of turning Kasmir around - even as an MR.
- I wouldn't scream if they signed Thierot or Cedeno, but I'd probably just as soon stick with Janish or Valaika for less $$$$.
- I would have some varying degrees of interest in Yeonis Cespedes, Andruw Jones, Connor Jackson, Luke Scott, Coco Crisp, JD Drew, Cody Ross, Ryan Spillbouroughs, Bill Hall, Eric Hinske and Brad Hawpe, but only Cespedes and possibly Jones as fulltime starter - the rest? Only bench bats with occasionaly starts. As always, price would be a big factor in the level of my interest.
- Betemit would interest me at the right price.
- Navarro or Snider only if I needed a backup to free Hanigan for a deal (or there's a ST injury), but there isn't much likelihood of that.
Last edited by corkedbat; 12-27-2011 at 04:24 PM.