Re: League of Reds Nation - The Ultimate Dynasty - Year 3
The draft begins Friday, March 9th at Noon.
Once again it will be a slow draft with a 10 hour time limit for each pick. The draft will last for 5 rounds.
Once the draft starts please check the site regularly to help keep the draft moving. Please make your picks as soon as you can.
If you would like to receive a text message when your turn comes up please send me your cell phone number.
2012 Draft Order:
1) Vada Pinson Fan
10) Captain Hook
12) Plus Plus
1. You have 10 hours to make your pick. If you have not placed your pick within 10 hours, the next player can go ahead and post his pick. You do not lose your pick. You can still make your pick as soon as you return to the website.
2. After you make your pick please email the next player to let him know it is his turn. This will speed up the draft. To send the email click on "Email League" at the top of any league page. Then click on the next player and send him a message.
3. The draft will be a straight draft consisting of five rounds.
4. To make your pick just post your draftee's name on the league message board like this: round.pick Player Name (1.1 Johan Santana or 5.12 Jay Bruce) Then you can add the player to your team by selecting him from the Free Agent list.
5. If you ask someone else to post your pick or your draftee is on waivers the commissioner will add your player to your team page as soon as possible. Before you pick, make sure the player has not already been drafted.
6. You can trade draft picks. The only pick you can't trade is the one that is "on the clock". We learned from experience that can cause long delays.
7. The draft will be a straight draft. All rounds have the same draft order.
8. Multiple picks can be skipped. For example, 10 hours have elapsed since pick 4.3 was posted so pick 4.4 is skipped and pick 4.5 is on the clock. If 10 hours later pick 4.5 has not been posted then he is skipped and pick 4.6 is on the clock.
9. Draft order will be the reverse of prior year's standings.
10. You may not exceed the roster size limit. If you are at the limit when it is your turn to draft you must drop a player before you can draft a player. The dropped player will become draftable immediately -- the next team owner in the draft may select the dropped player without waiting for him to clear waivers.
11. Players added to the Yahoo player pool after the draft begins are not eligible to be drafted and will be placed on waivers after the draft is over.
12. When all five rounds are completed, the commissioner will set a date and time when all undrafted players will be eligible to be added on a first come, first served basis -- it is not a free-for-all as soon as the last draft pick is made.