Re: Take 2 - 2012 Redszone NFL Mock Draft Thread
The Jets select OT Bobbie Massie Ole Miss
Quite the physical specimen and surprisingly light on his feet for a man his size, Massie has reportedly dropped weight and added muscle in preparation for the Combine. The Rebel did not miss a game during his time at Oxford, starting 17 games at right tackle and helped Ole Miss lead the SEC in fewest sacks allowed and ranked 3rd in rushing offense.
Massie, while not the "smooth technician" that some of the higher ranked tackles are in pass protection, utilizes his excellent size, long arms and quick feet well . . . and if he gets his massive mitts on a defender, it's game over. He gets out of his stance and into position with decent knee bend and good balance, but needs to concentrate on keeping his pad level lower. Massie demonstrates an ability to change direction and can cut off the edge.
- Extremely athletic, strong and fast
- Natural bender and able to drive block
- Finishes blocks with a nasty demeanor
- Very quick off snap and positions body well
- Needs to improve pass blocking techniques
- Defenders can get into his body
- Lateral kick could be improved for NFL speed rushers
If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.