Re: Las Vegas?
I've been there several times and I learn a little bit more each time. These are a few suggestions:
1) Rent a car. Options in Vegas are very, very cheap. Shop for it and you'll find about three different companies that'll charge less than $10/day. For five days even including taxes, you'll be cheaper than two taxis to and from the airport. Just about all the casinos have free parking. All you have to do is tip the valet or if you prefer you can skip the valet. This gives you the option to leave the strip which I'd recommend for one or two days.
2) Go to Old Town. Gives you a different flavor of the city. Also casinos are generally cheaper off the strip
3) Those good lookin' waitreses in miniskirts in the casino are passing out free drinks. Seriously! Order what you want from them and all they expect when they come back is a $2 tip.
4) Go to the bank before you leave and collect a bunch of $2 bills. I'll try to get about twenty of them. These are great for tipping waitresses, valet parkers or baggage folks at the airport.
5) Check out the Lions at MGM, the dolphins at Mirage and the fountains at Bellagio. You might see Pete Rose outside the card shop at Caesars
6) Bring comfortable walking shoes. Lots of walking on that strip. It's good to burn off all the alcohol and good food you'll be eating
7) I'd recommend seeing Jersey Boys. Check websites for deals and there is a half off business which has many kiosks around town.