Reds Top Prospects May 2012 Edition
Six weeks into the season, it's time for an update.
GRADE A All-Star Potential and Top 25 Prospect in the Game
GRADE B Big League Starter and Top 100 Prospect
1. Billy Hamilton SS/CF? A+ Biggest question is whether he remains at SS or moves to CF. Could end up in Grade A if he maintains production in Pensacola.
2. Daniel Corcino RHP AA Has not disappointed despite skipping High A.
3. Robert Stephenson RHP R Would like to see him get some starts in Dayton before the year is out.
GRADE C Should Contribute at the Big League Level
4. DiDi Gregorius SS AA Questions about his bat are only thing keeping him from "B" grade. Like the next several guys, could upgrade to a "B" in next couple months.
5. David Vidal 3B AA Helium watch. Contender for Reds 3B of the future.
(tie). Kyle Lotzkar RHP AA His health has always been the biggest question. So far so good in 2012.
(tie). Tony Cingrani LHP A+ Should join his fellow pitching prospects in Pensacola soon.
(tie). Donald Lutz LF A+ Would like to see him play exclusively in LF. Best stick of any OF in the organization.
9. JC Sulbaran RHP AA Showing flashes of brilliance. Hopefully he continues to put it all together.
10. Henry Rodriguez 3B AA When he comes back from injury, I'd like to see what he can do in Louisville so he can compete for a job in ST next year.
ON THE RADAR
Neftali Soto 1B AAA - Slow start and Joey Votto paint a bleak future for him in Cincy
Donnie Joseph LHP AA - Has gotten himself back on the map, but as a reliever he needs to move up the ladder quickly.
Yorman Rodriguez OF A+ - Still has the tools but not the production.
Kyle Waldrop OF A - Most promising OF in Dayton and my pick to click this year has not disappointed so far.
Radhames Quezada RHP A - Has emerged as the best starter in Dayton this year.
In terms of other players, I don't see Ryan LaMarre as anything better than a 4th OF in the big leagues. Tucker Barnhart may never hit enough despite his solid D, although I definitely wouldn't write him off yet. Juan Duran still looks like he has miles to go. I'm excited to see what Gabriel Rosa can do once Billings starts. I'd also like to see what Drew Cisco can do when he's ready. Ditto for Amir Garret, although he's obviously going to be a long term project.
PROMOTIONS ON THE HORIZON (if I were in charge)
Donnie Joseph to AAA
Henry Rodriguez to AAA
DiDi Gregorius to AAA
Cody Puckett to AAA
Tony Cingrani to AA
Billy Hamilton to AA
Donald Lutz to AA
Robert Stephenson to A
Next update will be after the draft, with hopefully a lot of new talent infused into the system.
Last edited by Benihana; 05-14-2012 at 10:30 PM.