Re: Reds Top Prospects May 2012 Edition
Originally Posted by mth123
My Current top dozen might be a little different than most. (Are any of these guys higher than C+ though?)
1. Lutz (My style - Power with Average, but the fairly low walks and position are worrisome. I like that he's a lefty and may be able to provide production on the good side of a platoon)
2. Hamilton (Not really my style of player and I'm generally a skeptic that high SB guys in the low minors will ever amount to much in the big leagues, but he's hitting so its hard to stray too far from the "experts" here.)
6. Stephenson (on faith, there is a gap after the top 5 IMO)
7. Sulbaran (could be on the rise)
8. Gregorious (again, w/o the "experts" he wouldn't make the list. His lefty bat is a help.)
9. Lamarre (Sleeper? Needs more pop IMO)
10. Joseph (most likely to help this year)
11. Bryson Smith (I'd like more info on him)
12. Chad Rogers (him too)
Still a skeptic on Lotzkar's health. If he holds up over the season, he may move to the top. Radhames Quezada and Justice French are a couple of arms I considered. Also considered Cody Puckett but I'm just not sure about him or whether he'll ever play a position at a major league level. I have an inkling that he may wind up going the Danny Dorn route. Have Gregorious lower than most because of the lack of extra base power. At this point he looks like another minor league glove who can't hit much. Guys dropping like a rock include Neftali Soto, Denis Phipps and Tucker Barnhart whose lack of production in such a hitter's haven is pretty alarming. Guys like Rosa and Garrett may give this list a bump when we see them play.
Well said. I'm pretty much completely in agreement with everything you said. I'm higher on Lutz than Hamilton too.
"I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.
"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread