Originally Posted by cincrazy
I'm still on the fence. There are a few issues I'm dealing with presently:
One, is my health. They need a decision quickly, but I've been battling a severe double ear infection as well as vertigo, and I have no idea when this is going to let up. Under my present condition, there's probably no way I'd be able to successfully teach. Yes, it should be gone by then. But the doctors aren't really giving me any answers.
Secondly, my best friend's girlfriend has several contacts in Columbus, and is trying to get me on there. My heart is absolutely torn between home, and the beach. I want to make sure if I take the Fort Myers position, it's for the right reasons. Not just because it's fun and the weather is great.
And medford I took no offense to what you said. I also wonder what the turnover rate is at the school. I actually asked if I could come down and check things out, and she more or less told me they were too busy to do any hosting, which sent off a warning flair for me.
I appreciate all of the input. I can't really say which way I'm leaning right now. I need to decide by tomorrow.
I don't know your personal situation, and I know the job market is tough right now, but that is a huge warning flair to me. No company should be too busy to do any hosting of someone they're willing to hire. Honestly, I'd recommend against it based simply on that plus the distance you'd have to move and other obstacles you're facing.