Some Wolves notes...
• Look for the Wolves to get unrestricted free agent forward Jordan Hill unless the Lakers swoop in. It's down to those two teams. Hill had a lengthy discussion when in town with Kahn about his legal troubles. The Wolves feel comfortable signing him right now.
• If Hill does go back to Los Angeles, the Wolves could turn to free agent forward Carl Landry. They've talked to his representative. Landry played for Wolves coach Rick Adelman in Houston.
• The Wolves also continue to maintain dialogue with Anthony Randolph's agent.
• The Wolves expect to get restricted free agent center Greg Stiemsma. Boston is over the cap, so the Wolves feel like they will be able to structure the contract in a fashion such that Celtics general manager Danny Ainge won't be able to match.
• As for getting a wing, the Wolves will sign free agent Courtney Lee if the price is right. But they won't wait long after Thursday morning. If his price is too high, they will move quickly to sign free agent Ronnie Brewer. If Lee waits too long, he won't be a Timberwolf. O.J. Mayo, who chose the Mavericks on Monday night, was never seriously on the Wolves' radar. The Wolves called on Mayo early in free agency but didn't keep in touch in the last few days.
• The Wolves will soon announce their deal with free agent Alexey Shved. It'll be a three-year deal. He impressed the Wolves brass even further in a brief workout last week at Target Center.
• They will do the same with free agent Brandon Roy. While given no guarantee, the source said Roy has every intention of being the starting shooting guard.
• The Andre Iguodala dream can just about die. The source said the Wolves have done a ton of homework on him, and the feedback didn't all register positively. Because of that, they are reluctant to give up assets and pay him $30 million over the next two years. His contract has a player option for 2013-14, which he is expected to opt into.
• While the interest in Scola was genuine, the Wolves never had an interest in forward Elton Brand, who was claimed by the Mavericks.
• As reported previously, the Wolves and Grizzlies have a verbal agreement on a Wayne Ellington-Dante Cunningham trade. It'll be made official once the paperwork is sent into the league office.
• The Wolves' decision-making brass of Kahn, Adelman and Taylor will have another personnel meeting in Las Vegas on Wednesday. The NBA Summer League has Kahn and Adelman there, while Taylor will be there for a Board of Governors league meeting.