Re: Winter 2012-2013
1. Decision on Chapman is #1. I'd lean to groom him as starting vs. closer.
2. #1 means Madson has to be healthy and signed (or Broxton)...Hoover has bigger role and we may need to go find another lefty in bullpen to help Marshall from that side of plate.
3. Move Leake/Stubbs for lefty bullpen and/or left handed 3B or CF candidate.
4. Frazier to 3B or LF depends on what you can do at #3
5. Didi Gregorios and Henry Rodriguez take Cairo/Valdez spots.
6. We probably need to look replacement bat for Rolen's retirement since Frazier moves from bench to everyday lineup.
7. We have the potential of Hamilton is ready to take CF after all star break if fall goes well and 1/2 season in AAA...the bat is better than Stubbs today and defense may not be far behind.
- I honestly don't know what to do with Ludwick. I'd love to have him back, but he has to make a decision on if he wants to test the market. I'd understand if the Reds don't want part of a multi-year deal with all the other financial commitments made and those that need to be made (Bailey, Latos, etc).