Re: Your Twenty Favorite Artists
Ten sounds fun. Twenty sounds like a job.
1) Springsteen: He may not be a rock patriarch like The Beatles, but the dude was just blindingly genius at times. Never got his due respect because the majority of America still sees him as left wing Toby Keith.
2) Titus Andronicus: They make self loathing and nihilism sound like so much fun!
3) Van Morrison: mystical, ethereal goodness
4) The Gaslight Anthem: Last album was a weird direction, but they do have two of my all time favorite albums
5) Andrew McMahon: I listened to Everything In Transit an unhealthy amount in high school. That album dwarfs everything else he's done IMO, but it's all pretty solid.
6) Rolling Stones: Just now getting into them. Awesome, ragged blues rock sound. A prefer their more down to earth sound to Zeppelin's "Hammer of the Gods".
7) Tom Waits: The mad doctor schtick on his later albums never did it for me, but I love his early stuff.
8) Ben Folds (Five): you can't help but relate to the snarky kid on the piano
9) Bon Iver: I'll give myself at least one hipster choice. Self-titled's almost like an Astral Weeks experience.
10) Tom Petty: Doesn't have any album that I really love, but has so much that I really like that it's hard not to include him.