Re: Why we need computers calling balls and strikes
And while we are at it...
* Put computer chips in the front and back ends of a football. Then have all football fields have a sensor-system under or above the playing surface. This will make all spots after a tackle 100% accurate. Every milli-inch can cost a team the game.
* Chips in basketballs and sensors in the out-of-bounds lines. Was it out or not? Also some sort of computer-gel that all players are required to soak on their bodies... did he touch it before it went out?
* Volleyballs will have the chips. Nets and out-of-bounds lines with the sensors. The gel for touching the net with the hand or body.
* Rugby and Australian Rules Football. See American Football above.
* Add other sports here (cricket, soccer, badminton, horseshoes, curling, golf, boomerang)...
They are all games of inches. And we cannot allow human intervention. Every single game depends on it. To heck with hundreds of years of doing it the wrong way.
Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.