Originally Posted by Benihana
Obviously most if not all of these would be mutually exclusive. In this order:
1. Gregorius, Leake, Cingrani, and Lutz for Justin Upton
2. Stubbs, Leake, and Lutz for Ellsbury
3. Heisey, Corcino and Lotzkar for Choo
4. Leake, Cingrani and Stubbs for Fowler
5. Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz
Now tell me which one(s) of these are wildly unrealistic/one-sided.
The problem is that Choo and Ellsbury are 1 year rentals, yet their current teams are wanting a kings ransom for them. And the Reds can probably not afford to sign either of them long term at this point. I'd be interested in Choo for LF if we could sign him to an extension.
Upton and Fowler are under reasonable control for a few more years. But again, both current teams want a kings ransom for them. Both are still young, Upton 25, Fowler 26, and their best years are probably ahead of them.
I think Bailey for Fowler is an overpay. I think Leake/Stubbs for Fowler would be more fair.
Upton is out of the picture at this point as the Reds have a near signing of Ludwick.