Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_
1. You're ignoring injuries.
2. It's far from certain that Cingrani even stays a starter.
3. We have no clue how Corcino will fare in the majors.
4. We have no clue how Chapman will fare as a starter. He bombed the first go-round.
5. I don't think anybody is advocating holding onto EVERY pitching prospect. But trading Bailey right now is a bad idea as it will drastically weaken our rotation for 2013. Trading Leake right now is a bad idea as it will drastically weaken our rotation for 2014. Cueto becomes a free agent in 2015 I believe...just in time for Stephenson.
I don't agree, I think most teams take risks with their sixth and seventh starters. These usually are not the complete package.
If I could make a good deal for Leake, I'd do it and use Redmond, Corcino, Cingrani, and maybe one new inexpensive veteran as the tandem in line for sixth starter.
But this thread is about CF and I would NOT trade a major player or prospect for a stopgap CFer. I'd trade someone in the Lotzkar category for a one-year CFer. Maybe two such prospects.