Originally Posted by Benihana
Obviously most if not all of these would be mutually exclusive. In this order:
1. Gregorius, Leake, Cingrani, and Lutz for Justin Upton
2. Stubbs, Leake, and Lutz for Ellsbury
3. Heisey, Corcino and Lotzkar for Choo
4. Leake, Cingrani and Stubbs for Fowler
5. Bailey and Stubbs for Fowler and Pomeranz
Now tell me which one(s) of these are wildly unrealistic/one-sided.
Kind of interesting, but even after the Winter Meetings, all those potential trade targets are still available.
I'm guessing Upton ends up in Texas.
Josh Hamilton ends up in Seattle, or a darkhorse might be the Yankees or Red Sox.
Ellsbury? I think he stays put. I think the BoSox want too much for him.
I haven't heard much about Choo, other than the Indians want too much for him considering he's a rental.
Fowler seems like the most obvious choice to be a Red since he's the only one we're hearing about. But then again, Walt plays things close to the vest, and maybe that's what he wants us to think, and something else for another target is brewing behind the scenes.