Originally Posted by Vottomatic
Kind of interesting, but even after the Winter Meetings, all those potential trade targets are still available.
I'm guessing Upton ends up in Texas.
Josh Hamilton ends up in Seattle, or a darkhorse might be the Yankees or Red Sox.
Ellsbury? I think he stays put. I think the BoSox want too much for him.
I haven't heard much about Choo, other than the Indians want too much for him considering he's a rental.
Fowler seems like the most obvious choice to be a Red since he's the only one we're hearing about. But then again, Walt plays things close to the vest, and maybe that's what he wants us to think, and something else for another target is brewing behind the scenes.
With Ludwick re-signing, Upton and Choo are out.
Question now becomes Ellsbury or Fowler- with the two other options being a trade for a lesser/platoon CF like DeJesus or de Aza; or the Madson-like one-year signing of Bourn.
Personally, I'd recalibrate these proposals like this (five trades I make now):
1. Leake, Stubbs and Barnhart for Fowler
2. Corcino and Stubbs for Ellsbury
3. Lotzkar and LaMarre for de Aza
4. Lotzkar and LaMarre for DeJesus
5. Sign Bourn (somewhat of a trade because we'd have to forfeit a pick, although we'd likely recoup a pick next year when he walks)