Originally Posted by westofyou
I'll venture that already happened
1. Kurt Cobain - Not impressed with the hooks from their last CD
2. Freddy Mercury - Got too campy, too british, not enough rocking as the Sheer Heart Attack years
3. Jimmy Hendrix - Maybe the sleeper, while he was always a great player his song writing was just starting to blossom
4. Jim Morrison - Listen to American Prayer to remind yourself what a poor poet Jim could be
5. John Lennon - Anyone who lets Yoko take up tracks on their records is stealing money from the consumer
1. Are we supposed to judge Cobain from his last efforts, or from what he originally created? (teen spirit, something in the way, heart shaped box, rape me, etc)
2. He was always campy though. That was his shtick. He was a Broadway esque rocker from the beginning
4. He was a poor poet perhaps, but his music was still great.
5. john lennon is still john lennon though and his potential was boundless.