Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II
Still trying to lick my wounds on this one... So many thoughts...
1. Stevens flat-out out-coached Crean. Crean didn't adjust. Almost 10 minutes with Butler's best inside presences playing with 4 fouls and we still didn't pound the ball inside... Settled for far too many mid-range and long jumpers. Allowed Butler to dictate tempo.
2. Switches on screens... what is going on around the perimeter defensively? Too many times where both defenders took the screener and allowed the ball-handler to dribble away from the screen and fire up a wide-open 3.
3. Watford... Where art thou Christian? Looks lost, looks disinterested, and looks lazy... Is this due to him having to body up on a more physical offensive threat while on defense due to the Yogi/Jordan guard situation?
4. Zeller... The guns look nice. Unfortunately they aren't allowing you to body up and gain position in the post.
5. Offense. Feed the post... Too many forced jump shots. When they aren't falling, go inside-out.
6. Press Clippings. Still believing them? Looked like a team expecting to be handed the win. You earned the glory. Now earn the right to maintain it.
7. Fouls... Quit crying Butler. When your team settles for jumpers you're more prone to get blown out on trips to the line... Over the course of the game IU attacked the basket more. Clearly they'll get more calls.
8. Yogi... Get the ball in his hands more. Too much passing around the perimeter removes the ball from your best option for creating off of the dribble... I'm tired of seeing Yogi pass it off to Jordan. He's the most susceptible ball handler to being forced out of the offense by on the ball pressure.
2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)