Originally Posted by HeatherC1212
I actually got to listen to the press conference at work (yay for headphones
) and even though I knew it was coming, I still got chills hearing the official announcement about the All Star Game. What an exciting day! Congrats to the Reds and the city of Cincinnati!! I'm ready to see our city shine!
/end cheesy comments
With all the changes downtown, and those that should come before July 2015, this will be Cincinnati's coming-out party.
- The Banks phase 1 is complete and construction on Phase 2 (hundreds of new apartments, new shops and restaurants) will start later this year
- the riverfront park will extend from the Suspension Bridge east past GABP to Sawyer Point; by 2015 the park will extend west of the bridge
- a new hotel should be built at The Banks directly next to GABP; new hotels are also slated for the old Enquirer building on Vine (construction starts later this year) and a new Holiday Inn tower at Seventh and Sycamore; the Hyatt will be completely renovated
- the dunnhumby USA headquarters and corresponding shops and restaurants will be open at Fifth and Race
- condos/apartments are slated for the air space above Fountain Place Macy's
- OTR redevelopment will be 2.5 years further along with the addition of hundreds of new residences at Mercer Commons and elsewhere
- the old brownstones at Third and Main (directly across FWW from GABP) have been bought by 3CDC and will be converted into residential with first-floor retail
- the downtown Horseshoe Casino (complete with Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cafe
) will be open
- the streetcar will hopefully be rolling (crossing fingers this can be fast-tracked from its projected early 2016 debut to mid-summer 2015)
This is an exciting time to live in Cincinnati, no doubt.