Originally Posted by mace
The most encouraging thing I saw in the fangraphs story . . . concerning Yorman:
Added to the 40-man roster, the talent evaluator I spoke with said he’s excited to see how Rodriguez performs in big league camp this spring, because he feels the veterans will take the young outfielder under their wings and teach him a lot. “He’s a very good person, very smart. Everyone pulls for him.”
We've heard a lot of negative stuff about his attitude and work ethic. This was a different and welcome take.
I noticed that too. I was also encouraged by some other tidbits:
1. they believe H-Rod could handle SS occassionally as a bench player. That makes him a lot more attractavie as a role player IMO.
2. Cingrani's secondary pitches were "coming on quite quickly at the end of te year"
3. Gelalich "can be a complete player with very solid tools"
A couple of red flags:
1. Corcino "throws across his body and has some effort to his delivery"
2. Langfield "has to learn how to pitch differently"