Re: Rolen update???
Originally Posted by RedsManRick
Reading between the lines, my take:
- Rolen would like to play, but has little interest in playing elsewhere
- Reds offered him a chance to compete for a spot on a bench and a relatively small salary (e.g. $1MM)
- Rolen wanted a commitment of at least some kind of regular playing time and more money (e.g. $4MM)
- Reds told Rolen that if he wanted to come back on their terms, they wouldn't rule out the possibility later in the year, but that they had to move forward with a set plan for ST.
- Rolen doesn't want to close the door, in case something should happen (like an injury to Frazier), but isn't interested in coming back on the Reds terms
I agree with your assessment.
I think if either Frazier or Hannahan get a serious injury, Rolen will be the first call they make.
"I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.
"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread